The Bible says God does not want us to be uninformed about the future and the events of His coming. However, the book of Revelation is full of symbols and poetic language.
Christ will return in the air to take those who believe to Him. Those will not have to experience death. When our loved ones die today, they are immediately absent from their body and present with our Lord. There is joy and bliss for them forevermore. Their body is changed to be like His glorious body. Christ visited his disciples after His crucifixion in flesh. We will likewise be in the flesh with Him. And we will be known as we are known now.
After we who believe have been taken to be with Him forever, Revelation chapter 6 begins to explain what will happen next. Our Lamb will open the first seal and a series of events will take place leading to opening other seals. In the audio, Pastor explains these symbols and the language of Revelation and will continue this teaching on Revelation next week.
- 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
1 John 3:1-33
- Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
- 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
- 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
- 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”
- Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see.”
- 2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.