Pastor Mark Green
When trouble comes your way, run to the house of the Lord. You can meet with the King of kings and Lord of lords.
Troubles will come our way, and they can make us bitter or better. When trouble comes your way, run to the house of the Lord. You can find help, strength, and courage. You can meet with the King of kings and Lord of lords. You will not delay your victory by seeking the Lord. When we seek Him, we also have to be prepared for His response. Often times we have it all planned out and expect God to eradicate our plan even though it might not be His will for our lives. We need to pray God’s will for our lives, and we need to pray without ceasing. If we follow Hezekiah’s plan, God can intervene in our situations and make a way out of our troubles.
In Isaiah 37, Sennacherib sent Hezekiah a letter, but he had a plan.
- He went to the house of Lord.
- He sought the Lord immediately.
- He laid out the problem before the Lord.
- He prayed about it.
- 14 And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it; and Hezekiah went up to the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord.
- 15 Then Hezekiah prayed to the Lord, saying:
- 16 “O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, the One who dwells between the cherubim, You are God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.
- 17 Incline Your ear, O Lord, and hear; open Your eyes, O Lord, and see; and hear all the words of Sennacherib, which he has sent to reproach the living God.
- 18 Truly, Lord, the kings of Assyria have laid waste all the nations and their lands,
- 19 and have cast their gods into the fire; for they were not gods, but the work of men’s hands—wood and stone. Therefore they destroyed them.
- 20 Now therefore, O Lord our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You are the Lord, You alone.”
- 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go into the house of the Lord.”
Because zeal for Your house has eaten me up,
And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.