Our Beliefs and What We Believe
Harvest Church of God is a full gospel Pentecostal church and we are a part of the Church of God denomination with our international headquarters in Cleveland Tennessee. Founded in the Word of God, The Holy Bible, our beliefs are:
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for the forgiveness of sin.
5. That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit.
7. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
8. In the baptism of the Holy Spirit subsequent to a clean heart.
9. In speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
11. Divine healing provided for all in the Atonement.
12. In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saint’s feet.
13. In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.