In this time we can take comfort in that we have not been given a spirit of fear. God wants us to be confident that He is in control.
One day this whole world is going to be changed. Heaven and earth shall pass away. All that we are so accustomed to being a part of our everyday walk will pass away. But we have the safety and security of being protected by the blood of the Lord Jesus. We have a hedge of protection around us provided by Jesus.
The tribulation period will be a terrible time. It will reach all over the world. The people of God, the true church of God, will be raptured and taken from this world before that end comes. The tribulation is not for us, the believers of Christ.
The showbread of the temple were placed to be seen. There were twelve loaves to represent the twelve tribes. The word for showbread is the same word for “eternal purpose”. It all points back to Jesus. No man has the opportunity to experience Jesus but by the invitation Holy Spirit. God expects you to walk in the light as He is in the light. We participate with God for our sanctification and cleansing and to bring His light to all men. God’s purpose through the ages has everything to do with Jesus Christ.
In His eternal purpose, we were included. We have been grafted into the branch and made one with His purpose. Sin from the garden of Eden separated us from God, but Jesus came as that olive branch to graft us into the original vine. When Adam covered himself to hide his sin, he made the first sacrifice to cover sin. What was lost in Adam was recovered in the person of the Lord Jesus.
He presented a way of redemption through Abraham and the sacrifice of animals. He tolerated this blood sacrifice until He could introduce the better way and establish the once and for all offering in the body of Jesus Christ. There will never be the need for another sacrifice for sin. It was how He planned it from the beginning of the world.
- 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
- 5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:
“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
- 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
- 7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’ ”
- 8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law),
- 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
- 10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
- 11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
- 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
- 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
- 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.