Looking at the close of 2021 and into the new year, we are looking at the evidence around us and asking, where does my life go from here?
God created us with a body, soul, and spirit. We search far and wide for what will fill the void of our soul and satisfy our body. The spirit will only be satisfied through a relationship with God. The light of joy and peace that Christmas brings has been dimmed by the uncertainty of the circumstances in your life. People have lost purpose in living. It seems that many have lost direction in their lives.
Paul discovered a group of people who were searching for something to fill their lives.
You aren’t just a happen chance. You are a life crated by God designed for a purpose.
There are 4 roles we have opportunity to experience:
The damsel in distress. Can’t help themselves. Need to be rescued. You feel there is no way out.
One who is always ruining lives, putting people in bad places. A villain is a past victim. Because of their past experiences, the only way to feel good in life is to criticize, belittle, and hate.
One who saves the day. Swoops down and rescues the victim. Defeats the bad guy.
The one who helps the hero. Puts him in the right place. Gives the hero the ability to leap tall buildings with a single bound. Vocabulary to speak the right words at the right moment.
There is hope for the situation you are facing. Stop allowing fate to be the controller of your life. All of us have been in the place you find yourself right now. I was a victim and could not find a way out of the situation in. I became a villain and wanted everyone to be brought down to my level. I was approached by a hero that told me they had been through the same things I faced and told me how to find the way out. I followed the guide that knew every step I needed to take to turn my life around.
- 16 While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols.
- 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there.
- 18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.
- 19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, “May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting?
- 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we would like to know what they mean.”
- 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)
- 22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagusand said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious.
- 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.
- 24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.
- 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.
- 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
- 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.
- 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’
- 13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
- 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
- 15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
- 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.