Is Jesus your cornerstone? Do you trust Him for everything? Jesus called Peter the precious cornerstone, and preached how we can go to Him in boldness.
Jerusalem was viewed by Peter as the place where you met and worshipped God. But he was called by Jesus, the precious cornerstone, and preached how we can go to Him in boldness.
Jesus is the cornerstone. A tried, elect, precious cornerstone. God built His house and put Jesus down as the first stone. God said we’ll build from here. Everything about our spiritual house has to fit within the foundation and cornerstone of Jesus. Everything that is made is made in Him. He is the all in all. He is the chief cornerstone of our spiritual being. He is the one we fashion our lives after.
*1 Peter 2:1-11 (NKJV)
Laws righteousness is a stumbling stone. Works does not bring salvation. Jesus is the only way salvation is attained. Without faith, it is impossible to please God, receive forgiveness and eternal salvation. Grace through faith is the basis of redemption.
Romans 9:33 (NKJV)
33 As it is written: “Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
Unbelievers stumble over Jesus. We must believe that Jesus is the son of God. It is through faith in His grace that we get up from our unbelief. We are a holy nation and a chosen people. We have a holy citizenship in heaven. The physical temple in Jerusalem has not been replaced. But we are called the temple of God if Jesus is our chief cornerstone.
Hebrews 11:13-16 (NKJV)
These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their…
Jesus should be the cornerstone of your marriage, your business, your family, every church, every situation. Check that all you endeavor is within the lines of the chief cornerstone.
*1 Peter 2:1-11
- Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
- as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow [a]thereby,
- if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
- Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
- you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”
- Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who [b]are disobedient, “The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,”
- and “A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense.” They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
- But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
- who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
- Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,