The Knowledge of The Glory of The Lord
THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE GLORY OF THE LORD
"Don't Forget The Fountain Part II"
In our first message of this series, we talked about the importance of washing our sins in the blood of Christ. From Zechariah 13:1 we discovered that Jesus Christ is a fountain open in the house of David for all manner of sin and uncleanness. From 1 Cor. 6:11 we learned that our sins were purged by the waters of this redeeming fount.
1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
That my friends is salvation God's way! Praise God, by the Spirit of God, there is a divine anointing to assist us in this effort to know more about God's will, purpose, and plan for us through the giving of His Son. The things of God are revealed to us through the teaching of the Holy Ghost.
1 Cor. 2:9-14.
9. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.
You see, there are promises attached to our redemptive and salvific provision. The more we know about the things of Christ, the greater the confidence we have in our hope of salvation.
3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
31. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
1 John 5:9-13
9. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
10. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Today we are going to exegete a great passage in 1 Peter admonishing us to grow in grace, persevere in hope, and pursue a life-long journey of building relationship with Jesus through knowing more and more about His saving grace, and with that knowledge, the believer is resting in confidence that eternal life is our present possession.
1 Pet. 1:2-9
2.Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3. According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2 Peter 1:13
- Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle to stir you up by putting you in remembrance
Barren = katargeo in Greek, which means idle, unemployed, inoperative, inactive, unable to produce.
Unfruitful = epignosis knowledge gained through first-hand relationship, or contact knowledge.
15. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16. Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.